Full Rental Policies are described in your Rental Agreement that will emailed to you when you make your reservation. The following are some of the main conditions:
- Rental Party: The Guest signing the Rental Agreement must be at least 25 years of age and occupy the property during the entire rental period. Maximum number of occupants is limited to 4 persons. No subletting will be permitted.
- Check-in and Check-out Times: Check-in time is at 4:00 pm and check-out time is at 11:00 am. Early check-in and/or late checkout may be arranged based on availability.
- Pets: Pets are permitted ONLY with prior approval and a signed and completed PET ADDENDUM. Unauthorized pets or violation of the Pet Addendum will result in a penalty of $300 and eviction.
- Insurance: We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance which will cover unforeseen events while providing other protections for you as the renter. If you wish to purchase travel insurance check with a travel agent or online for travel insurance companies.
- Damage Deposit: A fully refundable DAMAGE DEPOSIT of $200.00 will be added to the total fees. This deposit will be refunded within 14 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
- Damage to the property or furnishings and/or excessive cleaning costs.
- Any other cost (such as long distance charges) incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
- Any damages or excessive cleaning required due to pets.
Charges exceeding damage deposit will be billed to Guest.
Homeowner acknowledges that normal wear and tear is not considered damage.
In general, we request 1/3 payment at the time of booking and then the final balance at 30 or 60 days (depending on the season) before arrival. Exact payment dates for your trip will be noted when you reserve the cottage.
7. Cancellation Policy:
If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, any payments received will be refunded as follows: Guest will receive a 50% refund, when canceling up to 30 days before check-in.
For cancellations within 30 days of Check-in Date, Rental Fee will not be refunded unless we are able to fully rebook your dates. Cleaning Fee, Pet Fee, and tax will be refunded in full.
No refunds will be given for early departures, late arrivals, inclement weather, eviction, mechanical malfunction, or interruption of utilities. We will make every effort to ensure necessary repairs are completed in an expedient manner.
We always refund in full (less credit card fees) if we rebook your dates.
OTHER RENTAL RULES
- Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE only.
- People other than those in the Rental Party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all occupants are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Parking: There is ample parking on the gravel area on the property. Parking on the road is not advised due to the narrowness of Cummings Lane. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do provide beach towels and request that you do not use house towels for that purpose. We do not permit house towels or linens to be taken from the house. Washing machine, dryer, vacuum, and some basic cleaning supplies are provided for your convenience.
- Water and Sewer: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper.
- Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, refunds will be given under the following conditions:
- The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area.”
- The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning,” area, we will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered.
- Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive and wants to shorten the stay to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted.
- Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the “Hurricane Warning” period.
- Departure: Your assistance with the following would be helpful.
- Place used towels in bath tub.
- Leave beds unmade.
- Load and start dishwasher.
- Remove and discard opened items from cabinets and refrigerator.
- Throw out all trash and recyclables and move bins to end of driveway for pickup.
- Set house thermostat: Summer 80° and winter 55º